The following writers/artists have generously allowed us to showcase their work:
Poetry: Reid Mitchell, B.B.P. Hosmillo, Renée M. Schell, Edward Ragg, Bryan Thao Worra, Mingjuan Tan, Reihana Robinson, Amy Uyematsu, Deborah Guzzi, Jenna Le, Ranu Uniyal, Suzanne Hermanoczki, Eileen Chong
“Void” poetry contest winners: Catherine Edmunds, Richard L. Provencher, Arlene Yandug, Maj Ikle, Hao Guang Tse, Leondrea Tan, Amit Shankar Saha
Fiction: Mark Crimmins, Sreedhevi Iyer, Peter Phillips, Peabody Winston
Creative non-fiction: Mary J. Breen, Amanda Faye Lacson, Frances Kai-Hwa Wang, Jyoti Omi Chowdhury
Excerpts: Priya Sarukkai Chabria, Christopher Taylor
Interviews: Rhiannon Jenkins Tsang, Shaily Sahay
Lost tea: Fehmida Zakeer
Photography & art: Hu Jiamin (cover artist), Johanna Audiffred, Eddie Tay, Jyoti Omi Chowdhury
Reviews & essays: John Wall Barger, William Noseworthy, Shaily Sahay, Emma Zhang, Bhanumati Mishra, Cecilia Chan, Elen Turner, Vaughan Rapatahana
This contest is run by Cha: An Asian Literary Journal. It is for unpublished poems on the theme of “Reconciliation”.
- Tammy Ho Lai-Ming is a Hong Kong-born poet. She is a founding co-editor of Cha.
- Jason Eng Hun Lee has been published in a number of journals and he has been a finalist for numerous international prizes, including the Melita Hume Poetry Prize (2012) and the Hong Kong University’s Poetry Prize (2010).
Each poet can submit up to two poems (no more than 80 lines long each).
Poems must be previously unpublished.
Entry is free.
- 15 September 2014
- First: £50, Second: £30, Third: £15, Highly Commended (up to 5): £10 each. (Payable through Paypal.)
- All winning poems (including the highly recommended ones) will receive first publication in a special section in the Seventh Anniversary Issue of Cha, due out in November/December 2014.
The prizes were generously donated by an expat reader residing in Hong Kong.
- Submissions should be sent to firstname.lastname@example.org with the subject line “Reconciliation”.
- Poems must be sent in the body of the email.
- Please also include a short biography of no more than 30 words.
Previous Cha contests:
- “Void” (poetry)
- “Encountering” (poetry)
- “The Past” (poetry)
- “Misinterpretation” (flash fiction)
- “Betrayal” (poetry)
- “Fine Tea Competition” (commentary/criticism)