The Other Side
A Cha Poetry contest
This contest is run by Cha: An Asian Literary Journal. It is for unpublished poems on the theme of “The Other Side”.
(click the pictures to learn more)
- Tammy Ho Lai-Ming, a Hong Kong-born poet, is founding co-editor of Cha. Her latest project is Desde Hong Kong: Poets in conversation with Octávio Paz.
- Vinita Agrawal, author of Words Not Spoken, is a Mumbai-based, award winning-poet and writer. She was nominated for the Best of the Net Awards 2011 and awarded first prize in the Wordweavers Contest 2014, commendation prize in the All India Poetry Competition 2014 and won the 2014 Hour of Writes Contest twice.
- First: £30, Second: £20, Third: £15, Highly Commended (up to 5): £10 each. (Payable through Paypal.)
- All winning poems (including the highly recommended ones) will receive first publication in a special section in the March 2015 issue of Cha.
The prizes were generously donated by a reader living in Australia.
Previous Cha contests:
- “Reconciliation” (poetry)
- “Void” (poetry)
- “Encountering” (poetry)
- “The Past” (poetry)
- “Misinterpretation” (flash fiction)
- “Betrayal” (poetry)
- “Fine Tea Competition” (commentary/criticism)