Stephanie Guo, Andrew Barker, W.F. Lantry, Nicholas Francis, Evelyn A. So, Robert E. Wood, Lisa Low, Ken Turner, Rachael Lum, Bob Bradshaw
Hong Kong Feature [Link]
introduced by Tammy HoNicholas Y.B. Wong, Kit Fan, Eddie Tay, Arthur Leung, Jason Hun Eng Lee, Belle Ling, Jennifer Wong
Fiction [Link]Xie Shi Min, Grace Andreacchi, Dorothy Place, Xenia Taiga, Saranyan BV
“Misinterpretation” Flash Fiction Contest – Winners [Link]
Tom Mangoine, Angelo B. Ancheta, Hema S. Raman
Creative non-fiction [Link]
Lost teas [Link]
Photography & art [Link]
Kevin Chan, Sean Lotman, Marie Yip Wai Shan, Franky Lau (cover artist), Matthew Wong, Bo Wong
Book reviews [Link]
We are now accepting submissions for Issue #20, which is scheduled for February 2013. Marc Vincenz (poetry) and Kaitlin Solimine (prose) will help select the submissions. Deadline: 15 December. If you are interested in having your work considered for publication in Cha, please read our submission guidelines.
A CHA POETRY CONTEST
- Tammy Ho is a Hong Kong-born poet. She is a founding co-editor of Cha and an assistant editor of Fleeting Magazine.
- Andrew Barker is the creator of the online lecture website Mycroft, where examples of his poetry lectures can be seen. He is the author of the poetry collection snowblind: from my protective colouring (Chameleon Press) and holds a PhD in American Literature and an MA in Anglo-Irish Literature. He currently teaches at the University of Hong Kong and Lingnan University.
- First: £85, Second: £55, Third: £35, Highly Commended (up to 5): £15 each. (Payable through Paypal.)
- All winning poems (including the highly recommended ones) will receive first publication in a special section in the March 2013 issue of Cha.
The prizes were generously donated by a reader from the San Francisco Bay Area.
- Submissions should be sent to email@example.com with the subject line “Betrayal”.
- Poems must be sent in the body of the email.
- Please also include a short biography of no more than 30 words.
Tell us what you think about the new issue in a comment below.