Cha: An Asian Literary Journal is now calling for submissions for Issue # 21, scheduled for publication in May/June 2013.
Jason Lee and Cha‘s consulting editor Reid Mitchell will act as guest editors and read the submissions with the editors. Please contact Reviews Editor Eddie Tay at email@example.com if you want to review a book or have a book reviewed in the journal.
Nicholas Y.B. Wong and Kaitlin Solimine
Nicholas Y.B. Wong‘s poems “An Incredibly Brief Morning Directory to the City” (pp. 52-53) and “Mirr-man-or” (pp. 104-105) and Kaitlin Solimine‘s short story “Flying Lesson” (pp. 84-98) are included in the new edition of Two Thirds North. Download the entire issue here (pdf).
“Visiting and local poets read their own and others’ work in a sticky, noisy and unpredictable mix, ring-mistressed by Viki Holmes. Ticket price includes a $30 drinks voucher redeemable at the door.”
Other participating poets include Akin Jeje, Gillian Bickley, Jason Polley, Nashua Gallagher, and more.
John Medeiros (brothers, keepers & dna) is also a finalist and the winner for the competition is Kit Fan (Paper Scissors Stone). To learn more about the HKU Poetry Prize, visit here.
Time: 26 October · 07:30 – 14:00
Location: Peel Fresco Lounge, Peel Street, Hong Kong
Enjoy an evening of poetry and jazz with poets from the International Writers Workshop and some of the best Hong Kong-based writers, including Kate Rogers, Nicole Wong, Adam Radford and Jason Lee. Mark Peter provides musical accompaniment, Viki Holmes MCs.
- Kate Rogers’ poetry was published in issue#9 of Cha.
- Nicolette Wong’s short stories were published in Issue #1 and Issue #6 of Cha.
- Jason Lee’s “45 Belgrave Square” was published in the February 2009 issue of Cha and nominated for a Pushcart Prize. Read an analysis of the poem here.
- Viki Holmes’s poetry was published in issue#3 of Cha.
Yew Leong Lee’s fiction was published in issue#6 of Cha.
Cyril Wong’s poetry was published in issue#1 of Cha.
the following poets/writers/artists will perform
1) “45 Belgrave Square” by Jason Lee (February 2009) Read “A cup of fine tea: Jason Lee’s “45 Belgrave Square” here.
2) “My Last Yankee” by Reid Mitchell (May 2009)
3) “Factory Girls” by Divya Rajan (August 2009) Read “A cup of fine tea: Divya Rajan’s “Factory Girls” here.
4) “Father and Son” by Stuart Christie (November 2009)
5) “Raspberries” by Anna Yin (November 2009) Read “A cup of fine tea: Anna Yin’s “Raspberries” here.
Congratulations and good luck! Thank you for letting us publish your wonderful work.
-“45 Belgrave Square” (poetry) by Jason Lee, issue #6 February 2009
-“Taste” (fiction) by Surajit Chakravarty, issue #7 May 2009