UPDATED on Tuesday 19 March 2019: Due to unforeseen circumstance, Goldfish Press is unable to publish the “Engagement” anthology with Cha and hereby gives thanks and apologises to all who have submitted work.
We are excited to announce a poetry anthology to promote cross-cultural understanding between the West and Asia, to be jointly published by Cha: An Asian Literary Journal and Goldfish Press (USA). We are looking particularly for 1) North American poems engaging with Asia and 2) Asian poems engaging with North America. Poets are welcome to define ‘engagement’ in their own way.
Koon Woon from Goldfish Press and Tammy Ho Lai-Ming from Cha will be the editors for this collection.
- Each poet can submit up to THREE English-language poems (no more than 60 lines each) for consideration. Poems written in languages other than English should be accompanied by English translations.
- The poem(s) must be previously unpublished.
- The poem(s) should be included in one WORD document.
- Please include a biography of around 80 words so we can get a better sense of who you are.
- Submissions should be sent to firstname.lastname@example.org with the subject line “Engaging—[Your initials]”.
- Submission deadline: 31 December 2018.
- NOTE: Submissions that do not follow ALL the above will not be considered.
- Upon publication, each poet will receive two complimentary copies of the anthology.
We look forward to reading your work and working with you.